Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Big Apple

Wow! In the four months since I have written, I have learned and grown so much. I was in a fantastic production of "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" and learned so much about my strengths and weaknesses as a performer. I was so blessed to be a part of such an incredibly talented cast and crew and I am so thrilled that I was able to show both my voice and acting chops. It was an amazing experience, and it helped me grow as a performer so much. For that, I will be forever grateful.


The cast of "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change"!


I also moved to New York City. I never thought that I had the courage to get up and move across the country with only a suitcase. I didn't know a single person when I moved, I found a roommate online, and soon enough I settled into New York life. I feel so at home in New York. I know that I was meant to come here, and meant to learn so many lessons. I learned that I can not only make it living on my own, but I can thrive. I learned that my relationships with my friends and family will not die because I am away from them. I learned that I can make it as an actor, and I will. I also learned that I have SO MUCH to learn-- and I'm trying to be a sponge and soak it all up. I'll post with more details about exactly what I have been doing in NYC soon!

Times Square!

I will be back in Kansas City on November 17th until January 14th. Although I wish I could have stayed in New York, I know it's for the best. I know that I want to be with my mom during the Holidays and I know that I need to come home, work seasonally, and save up more money to head back to New York. I have so much more knowledge I know that when I return to NYC in January I am going to be incredibly successful. I know this with all my heart and I can't wait to show the world what Sarah Montoya can do!

A great mural I passed each day as I walked to my acting & voice lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment