Saturday, October 27, 2012

Wet n Wild Color Icon: Swatches & Review

First of all, let me say that I have a new found respect for all of those beauty bloggers out there! It took a good hour and a half to swatch all of these bad boys, phew!

I've been hearing a lot of hype about these Wet n Wild Color Icon shadows so I had to do some investigating myself. Do they live up to the hype? I have to say: YES! Wet n Wild has come a LONG way from the company I remember in high school. I remember trying to get ANY color pay-off out of their eye shadows and I remember even their lip glosses being pretty crap. I don't know what they did, but they have completely redeemed themselves for me and turned their business around. If you don't have the extra money to spend on high end makeup, or simply don't want to, I think these palettes are an amazing alternative! I'll even be using some of these colors in place of some of my MAC & Urban Decay colors. Yes, they're THAT good!

The formulation on most of these is spot on-- the matte shades generally aren't powdery and as you can see from the pictures, when placed on top of an eye shadow base, show up extremely well. The metallic colors are definitely my favorite, they have a really creamy texture and go on much like MAC Veluxe Pearl shadows. My least favorite of the formulas would have to be the glitter-- although the glitter itself doesn't seem to create too much fall-out the shadow definitely does. I find this formulation to be the most powdery and "hit and miss" throughout the palettes.

Now, it's not all good. As you'll see by the swatches below, you definitely need to use an eye shadow base to get the full color pay-off with these guys. I used MAC's Painterly Paint Pot and it worked wonders! There were also a few "dud" colors in each of the palettes that you will be able to see from the pictures.

All in all, is it worth the money? Heck yeah! Is it worth more than what they're charging? Probably so! I say, go out and pick one of these bad boys up for the make up lover in your life, they'll be thanking you later!

Now, on to the good stuff...

Spoiled Brat Trio



No Primer 



With Primer


Blue Had Me At Hello 8-Pan 


No Primer 


Primer



 Petal Pusher 8-Pan





No Primer



Primer


Drinking A Glass Of Shine




No Primer



Primer 



Comfort Zone 


No Primer




Primer




THE WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY IS LYDIA ROBINSON!!!

FTC: All opinions are my own I am not affiliated with Wet n Wild.

12 comments:

  1. I would love to win these palettes because I have only one Wet N Wild trio palette in Walking on Eggshells and I love it! So, I would love to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG.. These are so so so so beautiful... I wish them to be a part of my life.. <3 Love them crazily..

    I am already a huge fan of eye shadow palettes. And your are giving away such a lovely set of palettes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to have them! I am about to open your own youtube channel and has almost no makeup: (I would like to have them for me to makeup with eye shadow and I love really love wet and wild!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eye shadow is my most frequently worn makeup product! i always hear people talking about wet n wild but ive never had the opportunity to wear any. it obvious that you can have beautiful eye shadows with out breaking the bank. makeup is a beautiful accessory to the beauty inside! this is why i would like to have these palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lydia! You have won the giveaway! Please send me an email with your mailing address and I will ship them out right away! Congratulations!!!

      (sarahhrush@gmail.com)

      Delete
  5. I would like to win this to be able to enhance my skills in using all sorts of eyeshadows plus they are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo I love these!! I wanna win :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to win because I have heard so many great things about Wet n Wild and have always wanted to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the palettes are so pretty. I want to win because I want to start posting makeup tutorials but I don't have to many eyeshadow palettes and this would be a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to win because I LOVE wet and wild products. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all, thank you so much for the very generous giveaway and I would like to win the palettes cause I love makeup and I love creating new and unique looks. Love your blog and I hope we can become friends. I'm also on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope it's not too late to enter...Please enter me...WET AND WILD is my Fav brand and really want to win!!! thanx doll

    ReplyDelete